About Laser Hair Removal
REGEN AESTHETICS provides you with an alternative to fussing with razors and waxes. You can expect to have a complete hair removal solution as REGEN AESTHETICS uses cutting-edge laser technology.
With advances in medical laser technology, REGEN AESTHETICS’ hair removal procedure is a safe and painless method completed without any irritation, or painful sensations. All you feel is a cooling sensation as the laser ablates your hair away.
REGEN AESTHETICS’ Laser Hair removal system is a medical grade FDA cleared CoolGlide® Nd:YAG 1064nm laser. This system is used for hair removal and permanent hair reduction. The CoolGlide® Laser has a longer wavelength and direct contact cooling design that provides a safe and effective permanent hair reduction for patients of all skin types, including tanned skin.
REGEN AESTHETICS laser hair removal can be applied to all parts of the body – even the most sensitive areas. This treatment not only removes hair instantly, it is proven to permanently reduce hair growth (with regular treatments).
REGEN AESTHETICS laser hair removal treatment is available not only to women, but also to discerning men. For best results, we recommend 6 to 8 sessions, with sessions scheduled 8 to 10 weeks apart, over a treatment regimen.
Contact our skin care specialist today. REGEN THE SKIN YOU’RE IN.
PRE AND POST CARE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR HAIR REDUCTION TREATMENTS
[For best results please follow these instructions]
Before Your Treatment
- Hair should be cleanly shaven. Leave a representative sample unshaven for clinician to assess
- Do not wear makeup on the treated area the day of treatment
- No sun-tanning or self-tanners 4 weeks prior to treatment. Includes spray tans, tanning lotions, tanning beds, sun exposure, etc.
- Some medications or supplements may increase the risk bruising. Consult with your physician
- No waxing, plucking or tweezing at least 4 weeks prior to treatment. Some body parts may require a longer wait time
- Avoid treatments that may irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks prior to treatment (depilatories, harsh chemicals, etc.)
- Notify clinic with any changes to your health history or medications since your last appointment
- History of herpes or cold sores may require an anti-viral prescription prior to treatment
After your treatment
- Avoid sun exposure and use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen
- Redness and perifollicular edema (looks like a rash/bug bites) are common and resolve with time
- Bruising and swelling are less common but may occur and will resolve with time
- Hair may take up to 2 weeks to fall out
- Avoid heat – hot tubs, saunas, etc. for 1-2 days
- Avoid skin irritants (examples below) a few days post-treatment. Products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, astringents, etc.
- Do not wax or pluck between treatments
- Notify clinic of any concerns (blistering, excessive redness/swelling, etc.)
- Hair removal requires a series of treatments. The number of treatments depends on body location and type of hair.
- Consult with clinic about when to resume skin care regime.
- Additional instructions: